Join Our Team
Ready to make the switch from legal assistant to paralegal?
Join the company changing how Albertans get divorced.
We want you to be 100% present when you’re at home, and 100% present when you’re at work. We work hard, but work doesn’t spill over to our personal lives.
Fairness & Growth
At TDS, we SEE our employees. We appreciate their hard work and input. Because we are a small company, there are always new opportunities for growth.
Excellence & Drive
We are a quality-first company. We act as if each client interaction is a reflection of our company as a whole. If you’re a driven person, you will thrive here.
Our Stellar Culture
We’re enthusiastic about our positive work culture and personal well-being.
We also offer competitive incentives:
- Salary between $50K and $65k
- Health benefits
- 2 or 3 weeks vacation, plus extended time off during Christmas
- Modern, bright office setting
- Free parking
- Business casual attire (e.g. tasteful jeans are fine)
- Frequent team building events and lunches
Our Team Says
Trusted Divorce Services is growing and we’re expanding our team. If you are an experienced legal assistant or a paralegal who loves helping people finalize their divorce amicably and affordably, and have some experience with wills drafting, you will love this opportunity.
You would be an excellent fit if you:
- Are enthusiastic about no-lawyer legal support
- Are comfortable working without lawyer supervision
- Feel fulfilled when you know you’ve helped someone
- Comfortable with technology and enjoy learning new programs and computer tools
- Highly organized and have excellent follow through skills
- Punctual, positive, and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self motivated and able to focus on tasks even when working alone
- A great team player who has zero tolerance for drama
- Available between 9 and 5 on weekdays.
Technical qualifications required for this position:
- Extensive experience in family law, divorce, and matrimonial property division
- Extensive experience in Wills and Estate
- Confidence and expertise in managing files independently and without the supervision of a lawyer
- Excellence at writing and editing court material
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office in general
- Friendly and Experienced in interacting with clients on the phone and in person
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and staying organized
- Family Mediation knowledge or experience is an asset
- Collect and organize clients’ financial disclosure
- Analyze disclosure based on the Alberta Matrimonial Act and Child/Spousal Support Guidelines
- Draft court documents such as affidavits, consent orders, and uncontested divorce applications
- Draft Wills, Personal Directives, and Power of Attorneys
- Assist in matrimonial property mediations
- Meet with clients to collect information and commission documents
- Other duties to assist the team and support the mediator and CEO.
About Trusted Divorce services:
Our company is focused on changing how Albertans get divorced. We provide what we call, the Constructive Divorce Process, which helps couple communicate effectively, settle their finances fairly, and co-parent emotionally and mentally healthy children. We are mediators and paralegals who provide a 360-degree divorces service that ensures that the involvement of lawyers is not required.
We are a small but mighty team of women who are serious about two things; maintaining a healthy and positive work environment, and delivering excellent customer service. In short, we care about our well being as well as our clients’. We are lead by Zeina El-Sayed who will support your growth within the company. She is looking for someone who believes in the work that she does, and in her mission and who is excited to be part of it.
Location of the job is in SE Calgary.
This is a full-time permanent position with an average yearly salary between $50,000 and $65,000. Long term applicants only please.
Successful candidates will be required to provide references once shortlisted.